When prealbumin (PA) is electrophoretically separated, it is often shown in front of albumin, and its half-life is very short, about 12 hours. Its concentration in plasma is more sensitive to understanding protein malnutrition, liver dysfunction, and higher sensitivity than albumin and transferrin. In addition to being used as a tissue repair material, PA can be regarded as a carrier protein, which can be combined. T3 and T4 have greater affinity for T3. PA can form a complex with retinol binding protein and has the function of carrying vitamin A.Basic Information
Specialist classification: Digestive examination classification: biochemical examination
Applicable gender: whether men and women apply fasting: fastingTips: fasting blood test. Before the examination, the doctor should be told in detail about the recent medications and physiological changes such as pregnancy. Since the half-life of serum prealbumin is only 0.5 days, the decline occurs earlier in liver disease. Normal value
1, immunodiffusion method 280 ~ 350mg / L.
2. The scattering nephelometry method is 213.0 to 441.9 mg/L.Clinical significance
1. Elevation is seen in the recovery period of acute hepatitis, alcohol withdrawal, Hodgkin's disease, nephrotic syndrome (overeating protein diet).
2, reduced in severe hepatitis, acute hepatitis, chronic active hepatitis, non-compensatory cirrhosis, liver cancer, obstructive jaundice, ulcerative colitis, hyperthyroidism, malnutrition.Low results may be diseases: nephrotic syndrome, Hodgkin's disease results may be high disease may be: children with liver failure, malnutrition precautions
1. Fasting blood test. Before the examination, the doctor should be told in detail about the recent medications and physiological changes such as pregnancy.
2. Since the half-life of serum prealbumin is only 0.5 days, the decline occurs earlier in liver disease.
3. When the malnutrition is poor, the test can be used as a monitoring indicator for diagnosis and treatment.
4. If the prealbumin continues to remain low or further decreased, it indicates a poor prognosis.Inspection process
Take an appropriate amount of blood and immediately send it for inspection.Not suitable for the crowd
Inappropriate people: Generally there are no people who are not suitable.Adverse reactions and risks
Elevation or decrease indicates an abnormality in liver and kidney function.