Pancreatic exocrine function test
The pancreatic exocrine function test is a method of testing pancreatic function. Pancreatic exocrine function tests are divided into direct and indirect tests. Direct test is to directly collect pancreatic juice after intubation into the duodenum, or directly stimulate pancreatic secretion with certain gastrointestinal hormones to understand its exocrine state. Its sensitivity and specificity are relatively good, but because the intubation causes some pain to the patient, it is not easy to be promoted in clinical application. Indirect tests have a variety of methods to determine pancreatic enzyme breakdown products without intubation, or to detect pancreatic enzyme breakdown products by radionuclide labeling to indirectly understand pancreatic exocrine function.Basic Information
Specialist classification: Digestive examination classification: biochemical examination
Applicable gender: whether men and women apply fasting: fastingAnalysis results:
(1) In chronic pancreatitis, 80% of patients had a reduction in all three indicators. (2) When the pancreatic cystic fibrosis changes, all three indicators are reduced or decreased. (3) When pancreatic head cancer occurs, the amount of pancreatic outflow is reduced.
PABA excretion rate: 87.2-±9.6%
Generally no abnormalities.
PABA excretion rate: 87.2% ± 9.6% of normal people, <45% is abnormal, chronic pancreatitis, pancreatic cancer decreased. In the normal population, PEI>0.8 in liver, kidney and small intestine diseases and PEI<0.8 in pancreatic diseases.
The pancreatic juice outflow was 70-237 ml/h.
The highest bicarbonate concentration is 70-125mmol/h.
The amylase emission amount is 880-7400 U/kg.Clinical significance
PABA excretion rate: 87.2% ± 9.6% of normal people, <45% is abnormal; chronic pancreatitis, pancreatic cancer decreased. In the normal population, PEI>0.8 in liver, kidney and small intestine diseases; PEI<0.8 in pancreatic diseases.
1. In chronic pancreatitis, 80% of patients have reduced and decreased all three indicators.
2. When the pancreatic cystic fibrosis changes, all three indicators are reduced or decreased.
3. When pancreatic head cancer occurs, the amount of pancreatic outflow decreases.Low results may be diseases: chronic pancreatitis in children, cystic fibrosis in children, post-cholecystectomy syndrome, pancreatitis, pancreatic encephalopathy syndrome
1, the amount of medication should be accurate, and to ensure that 6h urine volume > 300ml, too little urine, can make PABA excretion rate is low.
2, small intestinal malabsorption, severe liver and kidney dysfunction will cause PABA excretion rate is low. A corrective test can be performed to calculate the excretion index (PEI) of PABA by the PFD method on the first day and 170 mg of PABA orally on the next day to calculate the excretion rate of PABA for 2 days.Inspection process
1. sulfonamides and other aromatic amine-containing drugs are banned 3 days before the test.
2. After emptying the bladder in the morning, take BT-PA-BA 0.5g on an empty stomach and drink 300ml. Do not enter any food other than drinking water during the period of staying in the urine.
3. Collect all urine within 6 hours after taking the drug, record the urine volume, and add 5ml of glacial acetic acid as preservative in the urine.
PABA excretion rate (%) = × 100%
* The amount of PABA contained in 0.5g BT-PABA.Not suitable for the crowd
Generally, those with indications such as pancreatic secretion dysfunction should not be tested.Adverse reactions and risks
Generally, this examination does not have too many adverse reactions and does not have much influence on the body.