Sperm counting is the calculation of the number of sperm in a discharged semen under a microscope. Multiply the sperm count by the amount of semen to get the amount of ejaculation. It is normal for the total number of sperms to be ejaculated to be 40 × 106 / L or more.Basic Information
Specialist classification: male examination check classification: semen and prostatic fluid examination
Applicable gender: whether the male is fasting: not fastingTips: You need to abstain from sex for 3-5 days before the test. It is recommended to avoid drinking and overwork in the near future. Normal value
Normal value: >20×109/L (>20×106/ml).Clinical significance
(1) Too much (>25×109/L): excessive sperm, abortion, etc.
(2) reduction (<6×109/L): oligozoospermia, testicular dysplasia, mumps complicated with orchitis, severe infection, tuberculosis, viral diseases, high temperature, radiation exposure, exposure to chemical drugs, endocrine diseases, etc.Low results may be diseases: congenital testicular hypoplasia, oligozoospermia results may be high disease: spermatosis considerations
1, the general abstinence 3-4 days.
2. Check for avoiding alcohol and overwork in the near future.Inspection process
1, laboratory materials: semen.
2, the principle of the determination of sperm count: take the sodium bicarbonate dilution to make a certain dilution of the semen, destroy its viscosity, and fix the sperm with formaldehyde, mix and drip into the counting pool, count under the microscope.
3. Reagents: 5 g of sodium bicarbonate, 1 ml of 40% formaldehyde, and distilled water to 100 ml is a dilution solution of sodium bicarbonate.
4. Method of operation: Pipette 0.38ml of diluent into a small test tube, mix the liquefied semen, draw 0.02ml into the dilution solution with a hemoglobin pipette, mix it and drop it into the counting cell. After standing for 3 minutes, it is high. The number of spermatozoa in the five squares in the central large square is counted under the microscope, and multiplied by 109 is the number of sperm per liter of semen.Not suitable for the crowd
Generally no taboos.Adverse reactions and risks
This check will not cause complications or harm.