X-ray cephalometric measurement
X-ray cephalometric measurement is an important measure for the measurement of craniofacial growth and deformity by projection measurement of the head. Follow the doctor's instructions to check. When the X-ray machine is in working condition, the warning indicator on the radiation chamber door will be on. At this time, the patient will wait outside the protective door and do not wait for the film in the inspection room. If the patient does not need special care, the family should not enter the examination room to accompany them to reduce unnecessary radiation.Basic Information
Specialist classification: growth and development check classification: X-ray
Applicable gender: whether men and women apply fasting: not fastingTips: X-rays have a certain amount of radiation and need to be mentally prepared. X-ray examination is required for treatment diagnosis, and lead protection products should be worn. Protect the non-illuminated parts, especially the areas sensitive to X-ray reactions such as gonads and thyroids, and wear protective equipment. Normal value
No abnormal shadows and patterns were found in the inspection.Clinical significance
1. Studying the craniofacial growth and development X-ray cephalometric measurement is an important means to study the development of craniofacial surface. On the one hand, it can be used to measure the craniofacial growth and development from the lateral direction by X-ray cephalometric analysis of individuals of all ages. Individual analysis of different periods of time, and longitudinal study of craniofacial growth and development.
2. Diagnostic analysis of dental jaw and craniofacial deformity The X-ray cephalometric measurement measures the individual of craniofacial malformation, and can understand the mechanism, main nature and location of the deformity, which is skeletal malformation or occlusal malformation, making the deformity Can make a correct diagnosis.
3. Determining the corrective design of the malocclusion. From the X-ray cephalometric analysis, it is concluded that the normal relationship can exist in various craniofacial skeletal structures, and the position of some teeth can be obtained under a certain maxillofacial structure. Stable, so after measuring the structure of the jaw and craniofacial structure, according to the mechanism of the mismatch, the ideal position of the jaw and the orthodontic treatment can be determined, so as to formulate a correct and feasible treatment plan.
4. Studying the changes of dental and craniofacial morphological changes during and after orthodontic treatment X-ray cephalometric measurements are also often used to assess the changes in the structure of the dental and craniofacial structures during the correction process, so as to understand the mechanism and treatment of the orthotics. Post-stabilization and recurrence. For example, the effects and changes on the structure of the jaw and craniofacial region, such as the anti-abdominal anti-bow arch orthosis and the mandibular orthodontic appliance, were confirmed and clarified after the X-ray cephalometric measurement.
5. Diagnosis and orthodontic design of surgical orthodontics The X-ray cephalometric measurement is used to analyze the craniofacial soft and hard tissue in patients with severe craniofacial deformity requiring surgical orthodontics. The main mechanism of deformity is obtained to determine the location and method of the operation. And the number of jaws to be moved or removed, and X-ray cephalogram traces are used for clipping, simulating the position of the jaws after the operation, and the facial pattern of the post-dental and craniofacial relationship is obtained, which provides for surgical orthodontics. A sufficient basis has been raised to improve its diagnostic and orthodontic levels.
6. Mandibular function analysis X-ray cephalometric measurement can also be used to study the functional analysis of mandibular movement, sputum function in language pronunciation and gaps. There are also functional studies for the positional motion trajectories of the mandibular from the stop position to the condyle and jaw position.
People who need to be examined: people with abnormal craniofacial growth and facial deformities.Precautions
Taboo before inspection: X-rays have certain radiation and need to be mentally prepared. X-ray examination is required for treatment diagnosis, and lead protection products should be worn. Protect the non-illuminated parts, especially the areas sensitive to X-ray reactions such as gonads and thyroids, and wear protective equipment.
Requirements for inspection: Obey the doctor's instructions to check. When the X-ray machine is in working condition, the warning indicator on the radiation chamber door will be on. At this time, the patient will wait outside the protective door and do not wait for the film in the inspection room. If the patient does not need special care, the family should not enter the examination room to accompany them to reduce unnecessary radiation.Inspection process
Enter the X-ray examination room, sit in front of the inspection and inspection instrument, face the side of the face facing the X-ray instrument, and film.Not suitable for the crowd
Inappropriate crowd: pregnant women, teenagers.Adverse reactions and risks