Microscopy is an essential part of routine stool examination. The most commonly used is direct wet film microscopic examination to observe the presence or absence of cells, eggs, protozoa, and various food residues after digestion. Microscopic chemical reaction or staining method Microscopic examination is mainly used to identify fat, starch granules and the like.Basic Information
Specialist classification: Digestive examination classification: feces / parasitic examination
Applicable gender: whether men and women apply fasting: not fastingAnalysis results:
A large number of cell tissues were detected as positive, suggesting that there were inflammation, ulcers or tumors in the digestive tract, and further examination should be carried out.
Epithelial cells or white blood cells 0 to occasional / HP.Clinical significance
(1) A large number of red blood cell blood in the stool (lower gastrointestinal bleeding), bacterial dysentery (dysentery), ulcerative colitis, colon cancer and the like.
(2) A large number of white blood cells, a small amount of red blood cells and epithelial cells, bacterial dysentery.
(3) Leukocyte-neutral polymorphonuclear leukocytes (Shigella infection, Salmonella infection, invasive E. coli colitis, ulcerative colitis), mononuclear leukocytes (typhoid fever), eosinophilic amoeba Dysentery, irritable bowel syndrome (allergic colitis), hookworm disease, etc.
(4) a large number of epithelial cells chronic enteritis, pseudomembranous colitis.
(5) phagocytic bacterial dysentery, ulcerative colitis.
(6) Tumor cells sigmoid colon cancer, rectal cancer.
(7) Yeast cells have no clinical significance.
Need to check the crowd:
Blood in the stool, symptoms of diarrhea.Positive results may be diseases: colon cancer, ulcerative colitis, bacterial dysentery precautions
Requirements for inspection:
1. Specimens need to be fresh and should be sent for inspection in time. If the test cannot be sent immediately, the specimen should be placed in a preservation solution or transport medium for storage.
2. The container should be clean, dry and non-absorbent.
Preparation before inspection:
Because infants and young children are not easy to get enough samples at a time, if you need to collect them separately, please temporarily store the samples in the refrigerator to avoid bacterial growth.
Not suitable for people:
This test is a routine check and there are no unsuitable people.Inspection process
This test uses a microscopic examination. View the number of red blood cells, white blood cells, epithelial cells, phagocytic cells, and tumor cells.Not suitable for the crowd
No taboos.Adverse reactions and risks
This test itself does not cause complications and harm.