Penis head dermatitis
Introduction to penile head dermatitis
Penile hair inflammation is often accompanied by varying degrees of foreskin infection, so it is called balanoposthitis. Most patients have excessive penis or phimosis, epithelial cells fall off, gland secretions accumulate, and pathogenic microorganisms invade and cause inflammation.basic knowledge
The proportion of illness: 0.001%
Susceptible people: male
Mode of infection: non-infectious
Complications: incarcerated phimosis, foreskin is too long, phimosis
Cause of penile head dermatitis
(1) Causes of the disease
The pathogens are Streptococcus, Staphylococcus, Escherichia coli and Candida albicans, sometimes caused by Trichomonas vaginalis, Candida penile headitis is caused by Candida infection, and more due to the spouse of Candida Infected with vaginitis, it can also be secondary to diabetes, old and frail and after the application of corticosteroids, immunosuppressive drugs and antibiotics.
Phimosis means that the foreskin is narrow and the foreskin can not be turned over to reveal all the penis heads. In the infant period, the foreskin is longer than the penis, and there is adhesion between the foreskin and the glans. It is a physiological phimosis. As the age increases, the penis gradually develops. The adhesion between the foreskin and the glans gradually subsided, the foreskin gradually retreated, and most of the phimosis disappeared automatically. In the preschool children aged 5 to 7 years old, the phimosis accounted for 27.3%. Because the local can not be cleaned and often accompanied by inflammation of the foreskin, the foreskin and glans Adhesion, affecting the development of the penis, it is advocated early circumcision, otherwise with the increase of age, sebaceous gland secretions and epithelial desquamation in the phimosis, forming smegma, and even under the foreskin, easily lead to bacterial infection, inflammation adhesions It forms a stenosis of the foreskin and the urethral opening, and chronic inflammatory stimulation in the long-term phimosis is an important factor in penile cancer.
Penis head dermatitis prevention
First, pay attention to local hygiene, daily cleaning and foreskin, such as the foreskin is too long to be treated in time, if necessary, for circumcision, timely cleaning of smegma is necessary.
Second, a couple suffering from sexual organ diseases should suspend sexual life, timely treatment, such as trichomoniasis or Candida albicans infection should be treated at the same time.
Third, often clean the foreskin and penis head, keep the foreskin cavity clean and dry.
Complications of penile head dermatitis Complications, incarcerated phimosis, prepuce, long phimosis
Foreskin inflammatory edema makes the foreskin mouth tightly incarcerate the penis head, aggravating the edema of the penis head and foreskin, severe cases of ischemic necrosis, can also cause urethral stricture.
Incarcerated phimosis (paraphimosis) is a long-term complication of phimosis or foreskin. When the foreskin is turned to the back of the penis head, if it is not reset in time, the circumcision will block the venous and lymphatic circulation and cause edema, so that the foreskin can not be reset, resulting in incarcerated phimosis. .
Penile head foreskin symptoms Common symptoms Foreskin red swollen foreskin cracking bacteria infection foreskin itching, urinary tract burning sensation, white secretions, congestion, foreskin, adhesion edema
1. Bacterial glans dermatitis: Itching of the penis head, burning or pain, local congestion and edema, severe surface erosion, exudation or bleeding, and even superficial ulcers, pus microscopic examination and culture can be seen pathogenic bacteria.
2. Candida glans dermatitis: mostly in the case of low immunity and the use of broad-spectrum antibiotics, itching of the penis head and foreskin, pain, local congestion and edema, small blisters and erosions, white patches and cheese on the surface Samples, secretions were microscopically examined and cultured with Candida albicans.
3. Trichomonas glans dermatitis: Symptoms are similar to bacterial infections, and Trichomonas vaginalis can be found in secretions.
4. Long-term chronic inflammation: it can cause urethral stricture, and the foreskin and glans stick.
Examination of penile head dermatitis
Secretory examination and culture can be seen in pathogenic bacteria, and Trichomonas vaginalis can be found in infected vaginal canal dermatitis.
Diagnosis and differentiation of penile head dermatitis
Diagnosis can be obtained based on clinical symptoms and physical examination. Special types of infections (Candida, Trichomonas) can be confirmed by laboratory tests.
1. Penile cancer: It can also be expressed as the head of the penis, ulcer inside the foreskin, and erosion, but the penis head of the penile cancer patient, the induration of the foreskin and the coronary sulcus are cauliflower-like changes, and cancer cells can be seen by biopsy.
2. Penile tuberculosis: It can also be expressed as a chronic ulcer of the penis head, but the patient often has a history of tuberculosis, the ulcer is cured for a long time, and the tuberculosis can be found in the smear and culture of the secretion.
3. Gonorrhea: It can also be manifested as redness and swelling of the urethral opening and foreskin, but the patient often has a history of unclean sexual intercourse. Gram-negative diplococcus can be found in the urethral pus examination.
4. Condyloma acuminata: It can also be manifested as redness and swelling in the glans and coronal sulcus, but a sacral mass can be seen in the penis head and the coronary sulcus in patients with condyloma acuminata. The lumps are whitened with a 5% acetic acid sputum.